You have adopted a Boxer puppy and it is the joy and happiness in your daily life! But now, you will have to take care of it and, for that, it will have to feed it at best?
Be certain first that well feed your puppy Boxer is offering him every chance for him to have good growth, that it can develop a beautiful musculature and a good bone structure.
And is it also important if you do not want your puppy to become an overweight dog or have transit or digestive problems?? In short, it is simply the most important point for his health.
Important Steps to Know:
- Step 1: Choose a puppy food formulated for large dogs. These are not as high in fat, protein or calories as other puppy foods and help prevent health problems that are particularly at risk of suffering from such as hip dysplasia.
- Step 2: Feed your puppy at least twice the amount of food he will eat as an adult. When a Boxer is an adult, he usually eats two cups of food per day, so you should give your puppy four cups a day until he is 6 months old. Check the directions on the puppy food package.
- Step 3: Serve your puppy’s food at several meals a day. The Boxer has a higher risk of swelling, a life-threatening condition that is often from eating too much and too fast. Instead of feeding him twice a day, feed him small amounts throughout the day at a certain time.
- Step 4: Watch the weight of your puppy. You should be able to feel your puppy’s ribs when you load it, otherwise, you should reduce the amount of food. On the contrary, if you can see your ribs with the naked eye, increase your food intake.
Meet your nutritional needs
Whatever the breed or weight is, your puppy’s diet needs to be truly balanced and of course rich in protein, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients for him to grow up well.
Here are some of the main nutrients that the Boxer puppy will need:
- Proteins are needed for the development of tissues, organs, muscles?? These will also help prevent diseases. These proteins must remain of high quality and represent more than 25% of the portion. A completely meaty food cannot be suitable under pain of causing locomotor problems and of course bone.
- Carbohydrates also contribute well to the good growth of your puppy. These are found mainly in cereals.
- Essential fatty acids are found to be essential for developing one’s nervous and immune system. We will have to prefer them as a source of energy rather than that of carbohydrates. Undeniably the AGEs prove to be more digestible and have some vitamins.
Calcium is natural for the bones. Vitamins are as well. But if you want to be certain to give everything your Boxer dog needs, there are several questions:
- Which form of food to choose?
- What will be the healthiest, most balanced and most suitable for your Boxer puppy?
- What kind of meal do you prepare: raw meat (BARF), leftover meals (household food), croquettes (industrial food)?
This article will allow you to discover the 3 types of meals possible and, therefore, to determine what will be the best diet for your Boxer puppy. Indeed, you are able to feed a Boxer puppy in 3 different ways:
Top 5 Best Food For a Boxer Puppy Reviews
At a glimpse: Our Choices for the boxers dog food
- Taste of the BARF puppy food formula.
- AniForte Barf Complete 500g for Dogs.
- Eukanuba Dog Food with DHA.
- Hill’s Puppy Healthy Development.
- Pro Plan Race Large Athletic Puppy.
The food called “BARF”
The principle of BARF (Biologically Appropriate Raw Food) diet is to offer your puppy Boxer a diet mostly raw meat supplemented with pasta, rice, vegetables?? It would be a good diet adapted to puppies but provided that it is just well prepared and given properly.
Benefits of BARF Power
In fact, he is just a puppy just as much as an adult, the dog will always be a carnivore and naturally conditioned to feed on meat. A puppy will have to grow slowly to have a good bone structure, strong ligaments and good bodybuilding.
By going through a natural diet based on raw meat but also vegetables, the Boxer puppy will have a quality diet. The BARF program will recommend a daily serving of 6-8% of the puppy’s weight in 3-4 meals for up to six months.
AniForte Barf Complete 500g for Dogs
Rich in Vitamins and Minerals, Special Herbal Blend for BARF
- Mixes can be found ready to improve the BARF diet and therefore forget the lacks or even the mistakes. This kind of product will add some nutrients that will not be really present in meat and vegetables.
- You prepare meals according to the food and the recommended proportions according to the age and the weight of your Boxer puppy and you will have to add a suitable dose of this product.
- This is a 100% natural food supplement for dogs fed on BARF. This food supplements the mineral salts essential to your pet and all the various nutrients that your Boxer will need daily to be healthy.
Things We Liked:
- Almost all users are satisfied with the product. The strong smell of grass does not incommode the doggies.
Things We Did Not Like:
- Its price, supply, storage and making meals that take a lot of time … And there, there may be the solution “frozen product” that you happen to have the skill of storing to have a troubleshooting resolution always.These will be boxes composed of pieces of multiple frozen types of meat. So, if you do not have in your refrigerator the dose of fresh meat recommended for the BARF meal, you go to the freezer to take it.
Eukanuba Dog Food with DHA
- Produced especially for large breed puppies.
- contribute to good bone growth.
- Good for brain development thanks to high levels of DHA.
- Coming in at a surprising 34% protein will give the muscle and vitality that your working pooch needs while they’re in the field.
Things We Liked:
- The quality of these croquettes is perfect. very good value for money and available on amazon.
Hill’s Puppy Healthy Development TM Large Breed Chicken
- Chicken nuggets for large breed puppies
- These foods are recommended to promote the growth of large breed dogs.
- These foods have antioxidants with scientifically proven efficacy for a very good immune system and an optimum mineral content for excellent bone growth.
- High quality protein and L-Carnitine maintain lean muscle mass.
- A diet in phase with the physiological needs of the labrador puppy.
Things We Liked:
- Excellent quality of these croquettes. the brand is recommended by veterinarians. a price quality ratio impossible to find elsewhere.
Pro Plan Race Large Athletic Puppy
- Complete food for puppies
- Supports healthy joints
- Supports good health in the long run
- Allows the puppy’s immature immune system to respond effectively
- Energy intake adapted to the more active metabolism of your puppy
- Contains high quality chicken pieces
- No added colorants.
Things We Liked:
- Croquettes are very good. fragile puppy intestines quite tolerate these croquettes. Can be recommended to others as well.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long should a boxer eat puppy food?
Puppies should be fed at least until they reach their adult weight with special junior feed. For small breeds, this can be the case even after 6 months, while large and giant breeds grow 15 to 20 months. It is best for the puppy to receive his ration in several smaller portions throughout the day.
This puts less strain on the stomach. Over time, the number of portions should be gradually reduced and the portions increased at the same time. The adult quadruped then receives later only the main meal and a side meal.
If you opt for wet food, it should always have room temperature (not directly from the fridge) and of course, fresh drinking water must always be available in an extra bowl and changed regularly.
How much food should I feed my boxer?
According to The Boxer Dog Site, The recommended daily allowance for dry food for your boxer depends on his age and body weight. The exact amount for your dog you take from the feeding recommendation of the respective product.
If you want to supply your boxer with dry food as well as wet food, then you must subtract the amount of wet food fed in a ratio of 4: 1 (400 g wet food corresponds to 100 g dry food) from the recommended daily allowance, so that the amount of nutrients supplied remains unchanged.
What can boxer dogs eat?
Proteins of animal origin can come from meats such as poultry, pork, fish, deer, bison and others. Experience giving meat in moderation, since there are some dogs that do not tolerate it well. Healthy fats include oils such as cod liver, olive, flaxseed and safflower.
Flaxseed oil offers omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and safflower oil contains all the essential fatty acids that dogs’ bodies need. Dogs can eat many fruits and vegetables such as asparagus, broccoli, carrots, green leaves, potatoes, melons, berries and many more.
At what age is a boxer full grown?
Most puppies will grow in both height and weight until the age of 18 months (minimum) and 24 months (maximum). Now, this refers to most there will always be exceptions. But growth does not stop there. After full height is reached, the Boxer will then continue to grow in girth until the age of 2 to 3 years old.
Carbohydrates also contribute to the good growth of your dog. These are usually found in cereals. Essential fatty acids are important for the nervous and immune systems. They must be selected as a source of energy and not as carbohydrates. Without a doubt, age is more digestible and contains vitamins: Calcium, of course, for the bones; the vitamins